According to the AMTA Consumer Survey, 67 percent of respondents claimed that the main reason they received a massage was medical (41 percent) or stress (26 percent). A growing body of research supports the health benefits of massage therapy for conditions such as stress, fibromyalgia, back pain, and more. But do you want to know how massage therapy will help your health and wellness routine? Join Niloofare Abi and read 25 reasons why you should get a massage.
25 reasons to get a massage
Getting a massage can be a great opportunity to relax and unwind, but that's not the only reason for a massage. Here is a list of 25 reasons to get a massage compiled by experts:
- Help relieve stress
- Pain relief after surgery
- Reducing anxiety in people
- Improving back pain and cramps
- Help reduce fibromyalgia pain
- Reducing muscle tension in the body
- Improving sports performance
- Help relieve tension headaches
- Better and more quality sleep
- Reducing symptoms of depression
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Reducing the pain caused by arthritis
- Reducing stress in cancer patients
- Improving balance in the elderly
- Reducing the pain of rheumatoid arthritis
- Helping the mood of people with dementia
- Creating a sense of relaxation in the body
- Help with blood pressure
- Reducing the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome (a common disease in the wrist)
- Reducing chronic neck pain
- Helping to reduce the pain of lower joint replacement (arthroplasty)
- Increasing the range of motion in people
- Reducing the number of migraines
- Improving the quality of life of the elderly
- Reduction of nausea caused by chemotherapy
Massage is not just for fun!
When you think of massage therapy, images of hot stones and luxury spas depicted in movies may come to mind. But you should know that massage is not just about luxury health spas! Massage therapy has become widely popular in the past decade and is now accepted as a treatment alongside medical treatment.
Massage is a general term for manipulating the skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Depending on the type of massage, Trappists usually use their hands and fingers, and sometimes even their forearms and elbows. There are more than 250 types of massage that are performed in different parts of the world.
Some of the most common types of massage in the world include Thai massage, Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, hot and cold stone massage, sports massage, oil massage, oriental massage, shiatsu massage, reflexology massage, pregnancy massage, etc. Swedish massage is the most common type of massage, which is a therapeutic massage for the whole body. This type of massage is used to relax muscles and joints and has many benefits for the body.
Just Relax with a massage!
The main purpose of massage is to reduce stress and increase relaxation and reduce pain and muscle tension in the body. Massage helps to improve blood circulation, increase energy and alertness, and reduce heart rate and blood pressure. Massage therapy is a relaxing state that enhances meditation and ultimately relieves muscle pain in many patients. Massage can also increase blood circulation and reduce local swelling, relieve pain and muscle spasms, and increase people's range of motion.
Therapists manipulate soft tissue to treat the underlying causes of chronic pain, including the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. Massage techniques significantly help to relieve neck pain, tension, stress, back pain, headache, and muscle pain. Massage therapy helps your body achieve balance and health.
Don't forget to get a massage!
Now that you know 25 reasons to get a massage, be sure to book a massage session for yourself. Even if you don't need a massage to solve a problem, relaxing and getting rid of the fatigue of work and everyday life can be the most important reason to get a massage.
Today, massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. Numerous studies on the benefits of massage show that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain, and muscle tension. Massage is a great way to reduce stress and help relax your body.